Thursday, September 7, 2017

Changes All Around...A New Crafty Journey

WARNING....this is a long post...lol

Hi everyone...I know it's been quite a while since I've posted anything but I've been undergoing several changes and challenges. First off...hubby decided to retire and sell his business to our son. Which led to us quickly realizing that we could not afford to stay in Southern California. So after much searching, we decided to purchase a home in Bullhead City, Arizona. Now I know you're thinking but it's hotter than heck there, but I'm learning to survive and the winters are absolutely gorgeous. Anyway, we love it here...it's so peaceful & beautiful here in the desert with no traffic except maybe on holidays when the river crowd are here.

So of course, I have a new craft room which I love even more than my old one if that's possible. It's nice cause it's the formal dining room (which we didn't really need) so I'm connected to the living room. But I didn't think purple walls would "go" with the living room so we did beige walls but I still have my purple accents...here's a couple of pics...




Drawback is there is no scrapbook store around here *gasp* I know. If you have followed me in the past, you know I used to teach and design for my local scrapbook store and then I did workshops in my home with a another company. So all we have here is a JoAnn's and a Quilt Store (which is another story for another day...lol). To make matters worse, I only know one or two people who live here and they are only part-timers. I miss my So Cal Crafty Friends so much!!! So I am on a mission to find new crafty friends. So I decided to join up with Fun Stampers Journey as one of their journey coaches cause I absolutely love their products. And the more I learn...the more I love it. Stay tuned for lots of cute projects and info coming on their huge variety of products.



Here is a card that I designed for you all...


I used the Autumn Days Stamp Set (SS-0006) which is really nice set that has a coordinating die set (DI-0118) so you don't have to fussy cut it...yay!!! I did a fantastic marbling technique with our Silks and Water which is very easy to do. You put water in a shallow tray or pan, then splatter little drops of silk on top of the water, swirl lightly with a stick or pencil to create the swirls then drop your paper on top of the water and then pick it up...so cool....so 60's....lol. I used Cranberry Bliss, Citrus Cooler, and Dark Roast Silks on mine. Be careful of the dark colors though as they can really dominate the design. Play with it and have fun!!!  My leaves were stamped on Hazelnut, Banana Cream, Pumpkin Bread, Lemongrass, and Whip Cream Cardstocks. I colored the Whip Cream Leaf with some Pan Pastels and popped it up on top of the others. Then I stamped the sentiment in Hazelnut Blend and mounted it all on a Hazelnut Card Base. I also used some Natural Journey Twine and some  Fashion Silver Accents for some pizazz. And of course I splattered a few drops of the silks on there...including the Sparkle Silk (my favorite). I may try my hand at a video...I don't know...that's a big scary step there...we"ll see...lol

Well, that's it for today...sorry it was so long! Hope you liked my card and my story...Please don't hestitate to contact me if you need any help or want any of these products. I don't have a webpage yet but I'm working on it. In the meantime, you can just go to www.funstampersjourney.com and just say that Donna M Smith, Journey Coach #10455 is your coach. Or you can contact me directly and I will help you out. I will also be doing some make it parties in Southern California and in Northwestern Arizona if you want to play with these awesome products in person...

Make your own creative journey fun...


Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment